The acceptance of any booking is based on agreement by the client of the terms and conditions stated herein.
- A non returnable deposit will be paid by the Client prior to the Photo Shoot to secure your booking – this varies depending on the product. The final payment should be made on the day by cash or via bank transfer at least 24hours before the photo shoot. Images and further products will be delivered upon receipt of all payments.
- A booking is not confirmed until you receive a booking confirmation email. You can expect to receive this within 48 hours of making a payment.
- Beit a home or studio shoot Heather Fairley Photography takes no liability for any injuries, damage or loss at the location. There is no fixed studio address however an appointed private studio will be communicated to the customer in advance of the shoot.
- Newborn – duration will be based on how content the baby is but we normally expect 3-4 hours. Feeding & changing breaks will be scheduled where necessary. Food & snacks will not be provided by Heather Fairley Photography. Siblings are welcome to take part in this session however this will require one adult per child. Group shots will be taken first, then parent & sibling will be asked to leave to ensure the shoot continues smoothly. At least 10 watermarked images will be available to the client within 21 days. Images are edited to the highest standard, black & white version might be added, depending on image potential (not all images are suitable for B&W conversion).
- Family session – 1h – 1.30min, depending on children cooperation. At least 20 low resolution, watermarked images of will be available to view in private online gallery, protected by password. Details with link and password will be emailed to you. Details with link and password will be emailed to you. Images are edited to a high standard, black & white version might be added, depending on image potential (not all images are suitable for B&W conversion).
Sickness & Cancellations
- We understand that children can be unpredictable and fall ill at any time. In the event of sickness prior to the session, the Client agrees to make every possible effort to inform Heather Fairley Photography no later than 2 hours prior to the start time of the photo shoot. The session can be transferred to a new date which will be at the convenience of both parties. Should a second cancellation occur then one final transfer of the deposit will be allowed before Heather Fairley Photography has the right to cancel the booking with all payments made being non-refundable.
- If Heather Fairley Photography has to cancel the appointment, an alternative date will be offered where possible. Where not possible, Heather Fairley Photography shall be liable to offer a refund of the session fee.
Copyright and Reproduction
- Copyright is retained by Heather Fairley Photography at all times throughout the world. No image can be copied, scanned or reproduced in any form without the prior consent of Heather Fairley Photography. The Client may not alter or add to or manipulate a picture by any means or reproduce a picture in whole or in part as an element within, or as a montage with, another picture without Heather Fairley Photography written permission. Permission to reproduce a picture for personal use is granted to the Client by Heather Fairley Photography only when digital images are purchased and paid for in full by the Client.
Use of Images
- Heather Fairley Photography retains the right in all cases to use any pictures for the purposes of displays, advertising, portfolio, publication or promotion, of its work. Client recognizes that the Photographer may reproduce, publish (including internet), exhibit and otherwise use images created hereunder, without specific identification of persons or events, as samples of work to be shown to prospective clients, for instructional purposes, as samples of work to be displayed for marketing or competition.
- Heather Fairley Photography takes no responsibility for third party printing. Prints from Heather Fairley Photography are produced by a professional laboratory and of the highest standard. Packages do not offer the rights to print elsewhere therefore print orders should be placed directly.
Storage of digital files
- After 3 months from your session date Heather Fairley Photography has the rights to securely destroy your images.
- Cameras, mobile phone cameras and camcorders are not permitted during any session, in studio or on location.
- Heather Fairley Photography shall be entitled to use its judgment regarding the style and artistic input in the production of pictures. This includes: but is not limited to: poses, props and the number of images taken. Due to the willingness of subjects it may not be possible to capture all of the pictures requested. In the event of uncooperative subject, for any reason, Heather Fairley Photography may not be able to capture any, or all the images that the Client may have requested or expected. The client is responsible for all children & their behaviours throughout a session. Images are selected by, and fully edited by Heather Fairley Photography before being presented to the client on a branded USB stick. Additional edits are carried out at the discretion of Heather Fairley Photography, and may incur an additional charge.
Fulfilment of obligations
- Heather Fairley Photography shall not be liable to the Client for any failure, in whole or in part, to fulfil its obligations where failure arises as a result of an event or circumstances beyond its control, which may include (but are not limited to) equipment failure, illness or injury. The Client understands and accepts that the photographic coverage will be as Heather Fairley Photography professional expertise determines. Special requests are not binding instructions, although every effort is made to comply with the client’s wishes. In the unlikely event of total photographic failure, loss of digital images or cancellation of the contract by Heather Fairley Photography, liability shall be limited to a full refund of all monies paid, although every effort will be made to re-take the photographs.
- Releasing photographs online by the Client (i.e. Facebook, blog or any other online channels) are prohibited unless done so with the low-resolution photo-copies that entail the branding of the photographer (i.e. watermark)